Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Story Behind the Science Behind the Sport Behind the...ehhhh...something about the Olympics


The Olympics are coming! They're just ten days away!

This is awesome. I love the Olympics. So many amazing stories emerge. You'll hear about them everywhere. You definitely won't need me to hype up the underdog athlete's rise to gold or the story of the injured team member bravely soldiering on.

So throughout the Olympics, I'll be covering the other stories. The stories that get ignored by everyone else.

I'm going to tell the story of what makes the Olympics possible: I'm going to explain the science behind the sports...the biology that allows humans to participate in these games. Because those stories affect each of us on a much deeper level than whose nation brings home the most medals.

Stay tuned!


1 comment: