Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Heartbroken

Carrie Fisher died yesterday.

I don't really know how to put how I feel into words. Others have done posts, trying. It's a tough thing.

Richard Adams died, as well. He's the author of my favorite book.

I've tried writing this blog post several times over. I think the grief is still too new. Few people truly understand what Star Wars means to me. People know I'm a big fan, but most don't quite "get" what I mean when I say I lived and breathed nothing but Star Wars from ages 9-14. Princess Leia was so important to me. Interviews with the incredibly blunt, witty, and fascinating Carrie Fisher were always a major highlight of my Star Wars behind-the-scenes magazines/video/etc, though at that young age I didn't really understand why. I do now.

I'm going to cry again, so I'm going to wrap this up.

My life would be drastically different without Princess Leia and Watership Down, and I'm in mourning. I wish I could do a proper tribute to both Carrie Fisher and Richard Adams on this blog. Instead, I think my tribute is going to have to be writing the best damn novels I can come up with, and never, ever, apologizing for who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment